When discussing the higher purpose focus of Conscious Capitalism and balancing the needs of all stakeholders questions often come up about measurement of non-measurable “purpose” decisions and how they translate to the bottom line. Parts of my response are as follows. One is to point out the numerous examples of conscious companies that already have mastered the idea that by doing good they will perform better. Another part is to point out that economists’ and analysts’ focus on short term financial returns and performance is not a problem of business but rather a shortcoming of the economics and finance communities.
Read the rest of this commentary from Conscious Capitalism Florida President & CEO Vinny Tafuro.
From the Blog
- INC. - How Two Friends Built a $100 Million Company
- HBR - You Are What Your Employees Eat
- Conscious Capitalism President’s Innovative Solution to Provide Low Cost Nutrition
- Whole Foods CEO on mission to improve capitalism’s reputation
- Jeff Skoll On How He Uses The Power Of Storytelling To Push For Change
What is Conscious Capitalism?
Learn more on the national Conscious Capitalism website.
Donate TodayMake a one-time donation of any amount using the PayPal button below. Alternately you can become a member on our Membership page.